Ever wanted to work in an early-stage startup that where your decisions could shape the company's future? Or where your decisions will shape the design of a state-of-the-art AI product for image and video processing used by hundreds of thousands of people?
We are looking for a Machine Learning Researcher who will be in charge of exploring and training of new ML models for image and video processing.
This is our current ML research stack:
- Pytorch Ignite
- On-premise training hardware
- 1+ years of experience with training and deploying various Computer Vision models. Fundamental ML knoweldge is also required.
- 1+ years of experience with Python and essential development tools/technologies such as Git and Docker. It doesn't have to be formal on-the-job experience, it's important that you have actively been using the technology for minimum of 1 year.
- Experience with the training and deployment ML model cycle: Research ➝ Training ➝ Testing ➝ Deployment
- Minimum master’s degree (last year of university is also ok) in computer science, software engineering or related field.
- Flexibility and a strong desire to learn. You will occasionally take on responsibilities that are not in the original definition of a frontend developer role (e.g. brainstorming product design, product testing, talking to clients...).
- Ability to self-manage as you will be the most senior person in this role.
- Tolerance for ambiguity. You're comfortable with making decisions where outcome is uncertain.
- Proactivity ➝ you think how to improve stuff and come to other colleagues with concrete suggestions. Or even better, you try to improve something by yourself in an isolated test environment and present your findings to others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Example 1: Good: you're stuck with a problem and can't seem to find the solution ➝ you ask other colleagues for help ASAP. Bad: You keep trying to solve the problem by yourself and waste hours or days to find the solution.
- Example 2: Good: If you think something is not being done properly, you give specific arguments why that's not good and what would be a better alternative. Bad: You keep quiet even if you think something bad is going on / being decided.
- Good knowledge of software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Good English knowledge.
Nice to have (sorted by relevancy)
- You have worked in a startup or similar fast-paced environment for at least 6 months.
- You have worked on personal/public projects that are live in production and ready to be showcased.
- Experience with generative image/video models such as GANs and Diffusion models.
- Experience with the ML stack: Pytorch, TensorRT, ONNX, Tensorflow...
- Experience with one of the Linux based OS-es.
- You have worked in a company that developed a software product for the media and entertainment industry.
What you'll be doing (sorted by relevancy)
- Research, train, test, and export ML models for deployment. Some of the tasks you'll be solving are video and image quality enhancement, text(image)-to-image generation, object detection and tracking...
- After the ML model is trained and tested, you would need to optimize it (reduce latency, increase throughput, reduce memory footprint...) and export it in the format suitable for production environment.
- You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, and giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
What do we offer?
- Base salary: €1,760 (13,260 HRK) - €3,200 (24,110 HRK) gross (bruto 1). The larger the base salary, the less equity we can offer, and vice versa.
- Possibility of owning equity shares in the company - ESOP.
- Annual performance bonuses.
- Heavy involvement in strategic decisions that have an impact on the product direction and company development.
- Monthly performance reviews.
- Financed further education (books, courses, conferences...). 📚
- Rapid learning environment
- Provided working laptop + external monitor.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible vacation days. 🌴
- Work remotely and on-site (on-site is mandatory during the first 1-2 months for easier communication and acquaintance with existing processes and people). We prefer the hybrid way - e.g. 3 days office, 2 days remote.
- Multisport card.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee at the click of a button. ☕
- The prettiest sunset view in the whole city. 😍
- We are open to new perk ideas if they sound reasonable.
Where are we?
- Zagreb, office in Slavonska Avenija 6, City Plaza Zagreb complex.
Who are we?
Aimages is a startup that is developing online AI powered tools for video and image processing. AI-powered image and video editing is a novelty in the industry that enables amateurs to do day long and expensive jobs in a matter of minutes for as little as few dollars.
We have so far developed a web application, acquired more than 150,000 users with the number growing 30% monthly, have secured multiple B2B deals, and are further developing proprietary AI technology.
Come join us and be a part of the video and image editing revolution!